Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communicate with PIC

Solved!
Go to solution

hello , all of you...

congratulations for this forum

i'm from Greece and i don t write very well english ..so i want you to know it.

my problem is that i want to represent Volt and Current from one electrologic box

i do  this measure with sensors and save data to a PIC microcontroller

i want to transfer data to Labview by the serial port RS232.

can anyone show me the way to represent this to signals at the same time in two differents diagrams?

i havemade an effort to represent this signals but the only thing i succed to do was to represent only one of them...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,940 Views)
Hello, I have a few questions for you about how your application is working.  What steps did you take in order to get the first signal to show up properly?  Also how is the microcontroller transfering this data through the serial port?  Finally, would it be possible to attach the VI you have so far so that I can get a better understanding of what you are doing exactly?  This information will likely go a long way in helping me resolve your issue.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by d_nikolaos

thank you for the responce.actually i did a simple vi via example basic serial read and write.

i add a converter from ascii to decimal because pic communicate  labview by strings and not with numbers 

also i add a simple plot just to see how it represent the bytes from pic to labview.

it seems to work but my problem is how can i save some data to labview (from pic)

i want to send a value and store it (Volt) and then another value(Ampere) and

present this values anytime i want in two different diagrams.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,897 Views)
Hello, I have taken a look at your VI and from what I can tell, you should try to save the data to a file.  You can use the file I/O functions in LabVIEW to write the data to a file, and then read that data in from a different program.  There are numerous file I/O examples in the example finder that can help you get started with this task.  Hopefully I have properly addressed your question.  If not, let me know and I will give it another shot. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,851 Views)