Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cell phone connection with cRIO-9004

Is there any I/O module for cRIO-9004, that I can connect it with my android cell phone? My advisor want to build a app for android phone to set parameters for the LabVIEW parameters which running on cRIO-9004.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,178 Views)

I searched the posts here, and found Data Dashboard for LabVIEW. It let us to use mobile devices to connect the values of network published shared variables. 

But are there any other methods? My advisor want me to create a android app to access the values of variables in my cRIO-9004, LabVIEW project.

Message 2 of 5
(3,112 Views)

You could host a Web Service on the cRIO and make calls to the web service from your phone. You would need to get IP connectivity between the phone and the cRIO, though. Wireless router?

I've not looked into this before but possibly USB RAW? Your phone should have hte ability to access the USB bus read/write and you could use a USB RAW interface on the cRIO. 

Possibly you can connect the C series module outputs to something like a IOIO that is connected to your phone. I am not sure how flexible the software for the IOIO is but this might also be an option? 

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13613

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,105 Views)

Really depends with how complicated you want to get.  If you want to run the web service like Timothy recommended, you could do that. I found this link here for you to look over about someone who did something similarly:

https://lavag.org/topic/11192-interaction-between-web-service-and-main-instance-on-crio-target/

May even want to look into the Wifi cRIO's.  I understand that it's easy to buy new hardware to fix problems, but the cRIO 9004 wasn't exactly meant to be controlled with a phone so you may run into problems along the way.

-Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,090 Views)

attach some 3G TA via USB ? 

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,651 Views)