From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cdaq-9138 doesn't boot anymore

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

today I startet our cdaq-9138 system that was sleeping since mid 2014. But it doesn't get out of the boot mode (see the attached photo of the screen, there it get's stuck)...or let's say I can't access the graphical user interface in RT mode. When I switch off the RT mode, then it ask me to insert a bootable device and press any key to continue. I entered already the boot configuration mode, but as I never changed anything there before I didn't use it for a longer time, everything seems to be normal there (boot device = hard drive as only option). What can I do?

As I'm still waiting to get an institute licence for LabVIEW I have no possibility anymore to contact NI directly at the moment  ;-( However maybe someone faced a similar problem?

Greetings and have a nice day!

Olli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,833 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olli

Hey Olli,

From the screenshot, it looks like you have LabVIEW Real-time 13.0.1 installed on the controller. I think this might be the issue. Embedded UI was added in LabVIEW 2014.

Once you have LabVIEW Real-time 2014 or newer installed to the controller, make sure you enable the embedded UI in MAX.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
Message 2 of 4
(2,815 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olli

Actually, the cDAQ-9138 and cDAQ-9139 controllers use a version of the embedded real-time operating system that predates NI Linux RT.  They do not support the embedded UI feature that is supported by later cDAQ controllers and other NI Linux RT controllers.

The screen you see in the picture you posted represents a completed boot process on your controller.  It appears that it is also running an embedded RT exe, so it seems to be working correctly.  Once you have a LabVIEW and LabVIEW RT license, you can modify and deploy new code to the controller from your Windows PC host.

Tom W
National Instruments
Message 3 of 4
(2,806 Views)

Hello Andrew and Tom,

thank you very much for your fast reply...and shame on me...I forgot how I programmed it about 4 years ago and couldn't remember, that I must have used another PC with LV RT to do this.

Yes, I still have LabVIEW 2014 RT and can connect to the RT device..."problem" solved 😉

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Olli

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,789 Views)