Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot install software on my ni cRIO 9038 Real-Time Target

Hi

I am attempting to install software on my ni 9038 Real-Time Target with cRIO 17. I am facing the following error.Capture4.JPG

Note: Windows Firewall is turned off.

I have also used 2 laptops and still got stuck in the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,845 Views)

Hi MajedBenKalefa,

How do you have it connected to your computer, as in is it through a network, or are you directly connecting? Are you able to interface with your controller in other ways? See if you can ping it, see if you can SFTP or WebDAV into it, and see if you can format it from MAX. If you have full functionality these ways, it might be a software issue at that point, if you don't, there might be a firewall or subnet issue.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,822 Views)

Hi Keddy C

Thank you for the information.

The cRIO is connected directly to the computer. I have also used many other computers and had the same issue.

Are you able to interface with your controller in other ways? ....Yes I am connected in safe mode because the unit is a new one and it has not any software installed.

Regarding the SFTP or WebDAV I did'nt try it. I am able to ping it and format it.

I also do not think that the software is the issue because multiple computers with cRIO 17 have been used and got stuck in the same error.

Majed

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,808 Views)

Hi Keddy

Are there any other things needs to be done in order to the get installation fixed.! What do you mean with subnet issue!

Best regards

Majed

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,770 Views)

Hi MajedBenKalefa,

I think I found some documentation on your observed issue. Follow this KB and let me know how it goes:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019QCeSAM&l=en-US

It won't be a subnet issue if you are connected directly to the computer. If you have any anti-virus software or have any services running that would prevent this, you should disable them.

Let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,765 Views)

Hii SSPTTest

Thanks for sharing the information. Unfortunately still could not find the services running that might prevent this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,702 Views)

Hi MajedBenKalefa,

Are you using NI-RIO Version 2014 by chance? If so, this is not compatible with the 9038. I guess if you could provide you software stack and versions, that'd be appreciated. Also your operating system.

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,692 Views)

Hi Keddy

I am using NI-RIO Version 2017 and windows 10.

Best regards

majed

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,690 Views)

MajedBenKalefa,

Hmm, that looks fine to me. Have you been able to add software using another computer or computer with another network?

Keddy C.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,677 Views)

KeddyC

Also using another computer didn't help. For what I am seeing it, it looks like that some of the security updates in our  network prevents the installation. Microsoft windows security may has something to do with it. I will keep trying with having some of this security updates disabled.

Best regards

Majed

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,675 Views)