Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get my R-series device to show up (for simulation)

Solved!
Go to solution

Per previous NI support I deleted everything and started from scratch, for the USB-7856R board:

-Installed Labview 2016 32bit on Win 7-64

-Installed the Real Time module for 2016

-Installed the FPGA module for 2016

-Installed the Xilinx ISE and Vivado tools (not mentioned in support but required for this board)

-Installed the compact RIO drivers (1600)

-Installed the R-series drivers (1600)

(I did some installing and reinstalling out of order of the last few items while troubleshooting.  The last thing I did was uninstall the R-series driver, reboot, then re-install)

Any help would be appreciated.  I already have code from another machine but need to edit with the simulation at my desktop.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,661 Views)

Hey Matt,

Can you include a screenshot of where the issue is happening? E.g. when you try to add the target to your project, when you right click on it to configure mode, etc.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,602 Views)

Hi Andrew thanks for you help.

I did manage to get a simulation but by accident.  I right-clicked the existing hardware in my code and selected simulation under execution mode.  But that doesn't match the instructions I found on the web that this thread is about.

Here is a shot of me not finding my target device in the menu.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mattcarson

Hi Matt,

One thing is that you'll need to right click on My Computer instead of the project. You won't be able to add an R Series card to the top-level Project part of the hierarchy.

Cheers,

Ryan C.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,578 Views)

Hey, that works too, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,554 Views)