Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio FPGA read 1024000 samples and transfer to RT

I am aware of the fact that, even it the FIFO could have read all the samples, the process would have lasted 40s (one sample at each 1/25600 seconds). While i tried to implement in labview i also found out that a large fifo requires large amount of memory and thus the program is slowed down, and that means the reading has to be done in parts and after that the signal has to be reconstructed (i also understand that). Reading data in smaller pieces and reasambling it implies another residual time (lets say delta t).

What i need is to read 1024000 samples as fast as possible ( 40 sec + delta t). So, to make the reading as fast as possible, delta t has to be as small as possible. Theoretically i undestand all there principles, the problem is that i am new to labview and i do not know how to implement this. All the examples i have seen so far do not seem to apply to my situation due to the large amount of data needed. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(2,720 Views)

Hello,

I noticed there hasn't been a post here in a while, have you found a workaround for this?  If not, can you share what progress you've made since the last post?

Thanks,

David B

National Instruments

Applications Engineer

Message 12 of 12
(2,676 Views)