Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRio 9041, daqmx, and a 9467 gps module...

I have a system that will be remotely deployed and will be gathering data from various sensors.  The chassis I'm using is a 9041 and I have developed an application using the daqmx libraries to do the data acquisition (I've only done minimal FPGA coding). 

This works great, but now I need to incorporate a gps module (9467) to timestamp the data and get the lat/lon/ele data.

I looked at the 9467 examples in the Help system, and they are both for FPGA targets. So I have two questions...

1) is it possible to interface with the 9467 using the RT Target and daqmx, or do I have to redo everything in FPGA?

2) if it's possible...is there an example or tutorial about how?

Thanks

J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(762 Views)

I can answer my own question. Might be helpful to someone new to this with the same question

yes you can use the 9496 running in FPGA with a daqmx program running on the RT target. This is the basic proceedure...

1. Start up an FPGA project, or add a FPGA Target to your current project. 
  2. Add the 9467 module to the FPGA Target. 
  3. Create a vi on the FPGA target and add your basic GPS reading code to it
  4. In your project, find the Read-Time Resources section of your chassis and add whatever data acquisition modules you want to use to it.
  5. Create a vi under the Chassis section of your project.  You should be able to use normal daqmx drivers in this vi.
  6. communicate between them, and any vis on your host, using Shared Variables as usual
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(712 Views)