cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO web server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Brice

thanks for the feedback. I have repeated the procedure as suggested and still have no luck. I have manually checked all files are deployed on the CRIO at the correct locations.

I have tried many other things but am now getting the error on the browser now 'remote panels are not supported' or similar. I have checked the CRIO settings that 'remote panels' and 'web services' are enabled correctly. Also tried changing port back to 80 amongst other things.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 38
(1,688 Views)

Could you post the text from the ini file(s) in your RT target's root directory?

><><><><><><
Tommy R.
><><><><><><
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 38
(1,683 Views)

Hi Tommy

ini file attached. Thanks for looking.

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 38
(1,672 Views)

Let me digest and compare to one of my cRIO's.

Meanwhile, can you see the webserver on the cRIO?? You've said the dummy page is coming up (the surrounding elements), but not the interface. What shows up in this box??? Are you sure you have NI Runtime Engine installed on the machine??? Try Internet Explorer as your primary way to pull up your remote interface (the newest LV installs will go to the NI ftp site and download LV runtime).  If you don't specify a web page (and as long as you haven't created a web page called index.html), do you see the NI webserver default page? I leave that page alone so later on I can ask customers to make sure the webserver's up. Hmmmm.

Have you tried a simple project?

I would also try a "minimal" software install on the cRIO. I remember having issues like yours, then went to a minimial install and only added a couple extra features and never seemed to have a problem after that.  My problems were all with LV 8.x and haven't seem to have your issues since version 2009, but you're on '10 so . . .  Hmmmmm

><><><><><><
Tommy R.
><><><><><><
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 38
(1,660 Views)

Hi Tommy,

problem resolved. At least this one anyway.

There was a typo in the CRIO web server properties, the path for the Remote Panel Server root directory seems to default to the directory for the project (which is on the network Y drive). In my case it appears to default to Y:\ni-rt\system\www, instead of the target C:\ni-rt\system\www. I changed it to C: and deployed settings to the target. Rebooted the target. All worked fine then. I then saved the project and closed the project. When I reopened the project it seemed to default back to Y:.

When the system becomes available again I shall try it again and confirm this is the issue and I didn't miss something.

I now have the known issue '202702 remote panel licences not being released when the browser is closed'. This is apparently fixed in labview 2011. It requires a target reboot in 2010 SP1 to release the licences.

I am not sure if this is fixed with NI RIO 4.0 (which comes with LV 2011 - I am using NI RIO 3.6), or LV2011 itself. My target CRIO is standalone so i am not sure how having LV2011 on my PC can help the target release licences, unless it is something fixed with the startup.exe file created during the compiling process with LV2011.

When the system becomes available again I shall try installing NI RIO 4.0 and see if this works for the licences issue. Otherwise I shall be stuck with it as I don't have LV2011.

Maybe I could afford it if i didnt spend so much time with CRIO issuesSmiley Very Happy It would be nice if it was a little more 'robust'. 

Thanks again i'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 38
(1,654 Views)
This is why I asked for the ini file. There was some earlier bug that didn't correctly set the init file to enable the web server. I haven't yet looked at yours, perhaps that's what's going on here and when you manually edit that file or the correct one (use FTP to find it, get it, edit it, then upload and overwrite), the change will stick.
><><><><><><
Tommy R.
><><><><><><
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 38
(1,651 Views)

Thanks Tommy

I shall take a look at the INI files again and see if there is anything there.

I have confirmed that the Web Server does default back to the drive letter that the LV project is located in, even though I save the project. It will not hold the setting in the target (CRIO) properties.

I suspect that every time I deploy any .vi changes to the target, without also changing the Web Server root directory, it reverts back to the incorrect root directory. Hence the issue.

If anyone following the thread has the same issue maybe you could you try this, and post the results here with LV and NI RIO version you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 38
(1,645 Views)

in case anyone is following the thread...

I have managed to get the Web Server / Remote Panel Server to release licences correctly. Or at least with 1 licence it releases fine.

I upgraded to NI-RIO 3.5.1, and then upgraded to NI-RIO 4.0.0. This did not work as I could not log on to the target (error: my machine not on the access list). According to the release notes 4.0 should work with LV2010 SP1. The settings were correct before and still are in the properties of the target.

I then downgraded back to NI-RIO 3.6.1 and performed a custom install to NI RIO 4.0 , BUT only upgrading the Remote Panel Server from v3.0.0 (RIO3.5.1) to v3.0.1 (RIO 4.0). It all worked fine then.

I suspect it is the version of the Remote Panel Server that cured the issue with releasing licences. Maybe if a NI tech is following this thread you could confirm this is the case?

I have attached a file with comparision of the contents of RIO 3.5.1 and RIO 4.0 for reference.

The target is now in a hybrid software state now which I dont really think is a good idea from a customer/maintenance point of view. Come on NI you can do better!

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 38
(1,626 Views)