From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO processor goes to 100% and application freezes

Hi everyone,

I have troubles with my application but first things first. I am collecting data on FPGA, send it to RT application and from there via streams to Host PC where data is stored. Everything was working properly, until I have added communication with NI-9853 - CAN Card. Sending values with this card executes properly, troubles started when I started to read values from CAN. At the beggining I am reading values from CAN and sending them properly, but after some time (this time is random, sometimes 5 min, sometimes 4 hours), cRIO freezes, on Host PC I am collecting errors from stream communication, cRIO is not responding, without restart I cant even connect with it. I was monitoring cRIO resources and noticed that one of the procesor core usage goes to 100% while other cores drop to 0. Do you have any ideas what could be the reason of this problem? I am adding pictures of CAN read logic.

This subVI on CAN Read RT picture is just operation on bits.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(784 Views)

Update:

I have uploaded 2 different previous versions and this problem occured anyway. So it's not CAN Read fault. Still does anyone has any idea what could be the reason of this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(752 Views)