Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO error 63044 in NIMAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Ok, bear with me, I am new to cRIO and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out.

I'm using cRIO-9067 (or trying to) and I can see the device in NI MAX. When I power the device on and off I can see that reflected in NIMAX. I'm using WIndows 10 and I have installed NI CompactRIO 15.0 drivers (as this seems to be the most recent cRIO drivers compatible with Windows 10).

Here's the full text of the error I'm seeing when I click on the device in the configuration tree:

Error -63044 (kRIOStatusRioRpcServerMissing):
The RIO server could not be found on the specified remote device. Ensure that NI-RIO software is installed and that the RIO server is running and properly configured.

For NI-RIO 2.3 and later, refer to Software>>NI-RIO>>NI-RIO Settings under the system in MAX.
Prior to NI-RIO 2.3, refer to Software>>NI-VISA>>VISA Options under the system in MAX.

I can't figure out what this means and what the problem actually is. I'm not able to find NI-RIO Settings in the config tree. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mavilogic

If you installed CompactRIO 15.0 on your Windows 10, and cRIO has CompactRIO 18.1 installed as shown in your screenshot, you are going to have problems. You need to have the same versions of the drivers and the LabVIEW software installed on your Windows machine as in your cRIO. Try installing CompactRIO 18.1 and make sure you have LabVIEW 2018 and LabVIEW Real Time 2018 installed on your host Windows PC.

Message 2 of 3
(2,400 Views)

Thanks! This was the issue.

The alliance partner software search doesn't pull up anything later than 15, which is why I thought this was the latest. I was able to find 18 through google and it fixed the issue. I appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,363 Views)