Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO and Vibrating Wire sensors(Geokon 4420 crackmeters)

NI Software :  LabVIEW Professional Development System  version 2013 SP1
NI Hardware :  CompactRIO device CRIO-9025

I have some questions about using cRIO with vibrating wire crackmeters. I am designing a structural health monitoring system which involeves 6 vibrating wire crackmeters(GEOKON) to monitor the crack on steel infratructure. 

My  questions are shown below:
1. Whether Geokon 4420 crackmeter is compatible with CRIO_VW module?

2. I checked on NI website. The Tutorial 14671 states the vibrating wire sensors, CRIO_VW1  and CRIO.  Where can I find the cost and detailed informaiton, data sheets and mannuals, of  cRIO-VW module, cRIO-D-mux multiplexer controller, Mux8_2 multiplexer?

2. Is it possible to connect 6 or even more crackmeters with only ONE slot/channel on the chassis?

Because the system has more than 120 electrical sensors, I want to use as less slots on the chassis as possible. It seems the VM module need one slot and an extra slot is needed for crio_D_Mux if I want to extend to more than one sensor.

4. How can I order cRIO-VW module, cRIO-D-mux multiplexer controller, Mux8_2 multiplexer? I can not find them from NI order website. 

5. what will be the cost and the delivery time to western Canada?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,349 Views)

Greetings one-one

The CRIO_VW module is a 3rd party C series compatible module developed by Pizzi Instruments. For detailed information check the Downloads section on the right side of this link:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14671/en/

I would suggest you contact Pizzi Instruments for the rest of your questions, since they will be able to answer you in a better fashion. Here is their website:

http://www.pizzi-instruments.it/index.php?newlang=english

Warm Regards, 

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,325 Views)

Hi Luis,

Thank you very much. I already contact Pizzi and they answered all my questions. 

Have a good one. 

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,291 Views)