Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Stops Responding After A Couple Weeks

I have an application that is running on a cRIO-9067 written in LabVIEW 2014.  The application uses NI STM for communication but most of the time it is running completely headless (idle).

However, after a couple weeks of running idle, the cRIO seems to stop responding to STM commands (TCP timeout) and I'm unable to connect to it via the LabVIEW project.  I'm able to ping the device just fine and it still shows up in MAX and I'm able to send a restart command from there.  But, manually restarting the device is not an option in this application.

We've recently added some debug logging to hopefully get a better idea of what might be happening with the rtexe but since I can't even connect via LabVIEW, I wondered if anyone has had similar issues before.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,425 Views)

Hi Nathan,

Have you some news about your request ?

I've got some questions to help you to resolve this issue.

Can you describe more precisely the circonstences of your issue :

- What is the area of your application ?

- Is this an untimely deconnexion issue or a stop responding tcp ?
- Is this a recurrent issue ? If so at which frequency ?

- Do you know if their is some trigger of this problem ? A particular command or groups of commands ? Or a start period (two days, one weeks...)

- When it arrives, can you check if your application is still running ?

- Do you disconnect properly your tcp port after each connexion ?

- Can you post a file log ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,375 Views)

We believe that we have solved this issue.  A reference to a named queue was being obtained in a loop but the reference was only being destroyed after the loop.  Therefore, we were acquiring new references indefinitely which was causing some sort of memory leak.  It's been running for several weeks now with no issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,269 Views)