Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO SMU for solar cells

We have a crio 9045 a voltage output 9263, voltage input 9201 and relay switch 9485, we're trying to make a SMU out of these to perform I-V sweeps of solar cells. Has anyone had any luck measuring solar cells with crios? Is it possible with the components we have? Any suggestions to start would be great

We've found other forum posts about solar cell measurements on a crio but the links to white papers no longer work

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,064 Views)

You have the right idea. You just need to measure the voltage over a sense resistor to get current. The actual values and modules depend on your solar cells and the voltage/current capabilities there.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,999 Views)

Yes, you certainly could-- not sure why you'd want to go the cRIO route unless you just had one already laying around and didn't want it to go to waste. It would seem to me like a DAQmx based DAQ and PC would be a faster and easier way to do this kind of lab testing. If you are trying to make a field deployable system that sits there for months collecting data, ok, I can see why you might use a cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,976 Views)