From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Gxxx - GSM_Init.vi time out error

Hello,

I am a student in Mechanical Engineering at the Free University of Brussels. For my Masterthesis I have to program a compactRIO controller to collect measurement data from an electric vehicle.

I want to use the cRIO Gxxx Mobile Module from S.E.A. to send the measurement data wirelessly from the cRIO over the GSM network to a host computer.

The GPS functionality of the module works fine, I was able to run the Example VI's almost instantaneously.

However, for the GSM Example VI's I always get the same error, caused by the GSM_Init subVI. It says "GSM Response to 'AT+ICF=1' timed out!".

error.jpg

I used several SIM cards from different operators in Belgium (BASEProximus, MobileVikings) which all support GPRS functionality.

Please respond quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,001 Views)

Hello Marco,

my name is Philipp and I am the product support engineer for our cRIO modules. Please contact me via philipp.noertersheuser@sea-gmbh.com to solve this issue.

Yours sincerely

Philipp Noertersheusert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,956 Views)

Hello,

This error arose because there was no external power supply connected to the Gxxx module itself. For usage of the GSM functionality of the Gxxx module, an external power supply to the provided connector is necessary, as described in the hardware manual.

Thanks to philipp.n for helping me solve this issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,875 Views)

Hello to all,

I have SEA GSM+ and SEA GPS module on my cRIO 9073 on slot 7 & 8. I just followed instructions on the manual but still I dont get any response on the GPS module. Anyone can help please?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,340 Views)

Hello,

Can you detect/use it if you only insert one of those modules?

Is the power supply connected?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,330 Views)

good day to all,

i am also using the said module and experiencing the same error. as for the previous message in this thread, i 've already done that and still same error occurs.

can some share any insights regarding this issue or maybe related documents using this module?

thanks,

john

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,313 Views)

Hello Thierry,

Yes the power supply of the GSM is connected right. The example code of the SEA Modules is preconfigured and precompiled on cRIO 9104 at slot 1 but I want to used it in on different slot in my cRIO 9073. Actually I have two modules (SEA GSM+ Module and SEA GPS Module) and both are not yet functioning. Please help.

Thanks in Advance,

Joey

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,307 Views)

Hello Joey,

Does the module work in slot 1 with the preconfigured code?

One note I did find in the User Manual of the GPS Module (cRIO Mobile Modules – Gxxx Series - page 12) is the following one:

At present there is only one cRIO Mobile module at a time allowed within one CompactRIO chassis.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,286 Views)

Hello Thierry,

It still dont work on slot 1. =(

Unfortunately, I don't have  the GPS User Manual you have. These are the only manual I got from the resource CD they provided. Would you mind share it with me?

cRIO_Gxxx_Manual 

cRIO_Gxxx_SoftwareManual 

cRIO_Gxxx_TechnicalFAQs

Gxxx_QuickStart_GSM

Gxxx_SliceUsage

GxxxHardwareManual

Regards,

Joey

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,278 Views)

Normally you can find all the needed information and manuals on this website:

http://www.sea-gmbh.com/en/products/compactrio-products/sea-crio-modules/

You'll have to browse to the right category and then log-in with a valid account (or the other way around)

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,267 Views)