From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Device Alias

Is it possible to derive the IP address from a cRIO alias name that appears in a cRIO device ring control?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,377 Views)

Are you trying to determine the IP address from a remote machine?

Real-Time Target System Replication has a vi that can find all RT targets.  Its called "Find All Targets.vi".

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,363 Views)

That did the trick, thanks.  I am working on a Configuration Management Utility that will allow me to manage a distributed system with 9 cRIO targets.  I want to have

a ring control to allow the user to select any cRIO on the network.  I need to obtain the IP address so that config files can be ftp'd to the target of choice.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,358 Views)

One thing I did notice about the Find All Targets vi is that the 'Status' Field does not seem to be working.  It always contains

the Model Name instead of the actual status.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,341 Views)

Mike,

Thanks for reporting this. We have added it to be fixed in the System Replication tools (#127669). In the mean time the RT Ping Controllers VI (Real-Time palette) does return the status information and can be used to get a list of current RT targets on the network. It does not return quite as much other information as the Find All Targets VI.

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,322 Views)