cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO Controller Options

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

Apologies, but I have not been able to locate this information myself, and I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. I am looking to purchase a cRIO device, and would like to know the different options available for RT controllers. Attached is a picture of what I mean- there are definitely different controllers available but I have not been able to locate the hardware specs of any of them. Thanks in advance for any and all responses

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,985 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Schrodinger1933

Did you try going to the "shop" section for cRIO controllers?

CompactRIO Controller

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,967 Views)

I have, but it isn't what I'm looking for. I don't really know if what I'm looking for exists- it seems that there are three different types of controllers (each has various number of ports, is configured differently, etc.), and I was looking for documentation on those types, not the specific models. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,946 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Schrodinger1933

Hey Schrodinger1933,

The shop page that crozzrulz pointed to is a great source for hardware specs. Sorting by model number might give you more insight to the physical form factor. Ultimately talking to a sales engineer would find you the quickest answer.

In terms of the "different types", the 903x controllers will look similar to the controller on the right hand side in your attached picture. The 906x controllers will look similar to the middle controller. The controller on the left appears to be a legacy controller. I'm not sure which. However I wouldn't get too hung up on the physical form factor of the cRIO controllers. We would probably need to focus on the FPGA, slot number, RAM, etc...

Message 4 of 5
(2,939 Views)

Got it! I understand now. Thank you both for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,931 Views)