cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO 9113 driver for labVIEW 2020

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i've installed the labVIEW 2020 software on my pc a while ago, with all the latest drivers. But wanting to modify an cRIO-9113 based (old) system, i get a warning in the project explorer, saying the target can't be loaded because of missing drivers or software components.

What have i to do ?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

vincent

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,154 Views)

Hi Vincent,

Have you checked that tutorial ? 

What Software Do I Need to Program My cRIO? - National Instruments
https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PTeSAM&l=en-US

Be careful, as stated in that KB, LabVIEW Real-Time is not supported on LabVIEW 64-bit version.

NI CompactRIO 20.0 supports the cRIO-9113 : https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375022p_0114.html 

So if everything is installed, there shouldn't be any issue.

You can check what is installed on your computer by looking through NI-MAX

Can you send us your MAX Report to see if there's any incompatibilities ?

Regards,

Salah

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,114 Views)

Thank you salah for your anwer.

Unfortunatly, i won't be in my office until next week. I'll check all and tell you how it goes.

Have a great day,

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author VdG

Hey VdG,

That's a pleasure.

Sorry for my wrong answer, I missread the readme file...  In fact that is the opposite, it is written that the support for the cRIO-9113 is dropped as it is a very old model (that is Legacy now) :

NI CompactRIO 20.0 and Drivers ends support for the following devices:

• cRIO-9113

So, it means that you have to use the precedent version of NI CompactRIO driver (19.6)

That version is not compatible with LabVIEW 2020, but is compatible with LabVIEW 2019 to 2016 

Regards,

Salah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,105 Views)

That's a bad news, really. But i think i have a labtop with LabVIEW 2019SP1 and all its drivers. I can use it over a short period, and then have to replace the cRIO chassis by a newer one when i can.

I allways thought there's a paradox in the cRIO line of products : in one hand they're very very durable gear, but on the other the software support disappear a long time before the chassis is down...

But nevertheless, many thanks for this clear answer : i didn't find it by myself in the doc files.

All the best,

Vincent
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,102 Views)