From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9082 and local monitor (VGA)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone.

There was a problem connecting the monitor to 9082. VI are not displayed on the local monitor under any settings. Only the initial console commands and processor load are displayed.

During the search, I was not able to find a document or any other information that allows me to understand this issue.

Perhaps you can tell me where to find instructions or an example.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,694 Views)

Do you have cRIO-9082 with Real-Time OS? If so, you create VIs on your Windows PC and deploy it on cRIO. Real-Time OS does not have user interface, so it does not display your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,654 Views)

Yes, I use a real-time system and partially FPGA. Apparently, this structure cannot be displayed.

In this case, what exactly can be displayed on the local monitor?

I would like to see some example.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,647 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NNix
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,630 Views)

Well, apparently a similar option will only be available to me at 9039.
Although I do not fully understand why to equip the 9082 port for a monitor, if it is fundamentally impossible to connect it.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,625 Views)

The monitor ports for 9082 is there for 2 reasons. One is because there is a Windows variant of cRIO-9082, and for that you can connect the monitor to see the Windows GUI. For RT variant, you use the monitor to look at debugging texts. RT variant is intended to work headless.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,606 Views)