Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9074 cannot connect

When I view my Labview project, the icon for my cRIO-9074 shows yellow, indicating that "the plug-in for the selected item is not installed on your system or the plug-in has an expired license".  Any thoughts?

I have recently re-installed Labview 2011 and NIO-4.0 (driver rev selected via the compatibility chart) onto a new computer.  I can see the cRIO in MAX, as well as in NI Distributed System Manager (and see analog inputs wiggle) - so connectivity otherwise is good.  I bought the hardware and Labview together, and it all worked well many years back.  I have observed the order of install (Labview then RIO-4.0).

So, how do I verify that I have the right drivers?  Or how do I see if I have an expired license?  Thanks so much for any thoughts.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,490 Views)

And an update - my RIO-9074 has NI-RIO 3.5.0 installed, which: a) doesn't indicate that it works with Labview 2011 (but I know for sure it does), and b) I can only download NI-RIO 3.5.1.  

I'll downgrade to 3.5.1 and hope that works.  I'll give an update.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,484 Views)

Okay, wiped computer clean, installed Labview 2010 SP1 (although DVD was labeled 2011 ...), and had DVD of 3.5.0 (apparently not available on website).  Software on target and PC are now identical.  Now MAX appears to have limited connectivity to the controller via MAX.  And in MAX it offers "MAXServerUnknownError".  Any thoughts?  Anyone?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,461 Views)

Hi Matt, 

This document  shows LabVIEW 2010SP1 as incompatible with NI-RIO 3.5.1

Use could you try with this?

Of course, you need to make sure that your OS is supported. What is your operating system?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,457 Views)

Thank you ARVega, 

Do you or anybody know what SP number I have?  My disks say 2011 DS2.  Does this mean I have Labview 2011, or Labview 2011 SP1?

Makes a ton of difference, per whether I can use RIO 4.0 or RIO13 or so per the compatibility chart.

Thanks, matt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,450 Views)

You can see this on NI-MAX, go to My System>Software> Labview

You will see its version there.

0000.PNG

You can also see it from LabVIEW, and then going to Help>About LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,448 Views)

Thanks for the help, figuring out what labview version (and SP) I had was the hurdle.  After re-installing windows, and a clean install of 2011 and RIO 4.0, it works.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,435 Views)

It is great that you could solve the problem 🙂

You might like to report the solution of this thread so other people with similar questions will know here is a good place to look at.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,431 Views)