From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9067 "delayed write failed" while copying files on unit

Hello, 

I work with cRIO-9067 modules and everything was working fine until today when I started getting the "Delayed Write Failed" error while trying to copy/edit any file into/at unit's memory from my PC (with Win10 pro).

When I try to copy something a pop-up window shows saying: "Can't read from the source file or disk.". 

When I edit some file and try to save it there's an error saying: "Windows was unable to save all the data for the  file. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by the failure of your computer hardware or network connection.  Please try to save this  file  elsewhere." whitch is as I found the "Delayed Write Failed" event with ID 50. I searched several frums and blogs and this error was last time mentioned in era of Win XP. 

As it happened suddenly I tried to uninstall new windows actualizations but error remained and checked if PC HD is working correctly.

Now I have no idea what to try next to get rid of this problem so if anybody has any solution please share it with me. 

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,963 Views)

Hey lugelu,

What communication protocol do you use while data transfer fails (webDAV, FTP)? 

In the beginning, in order to recoginize which device fails, I suggest you test cRIo with another computer. Hope that behavior sticks to the controller, since formatting cRIO is much easier than PC, though 🙂

Regards,

Kamil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,863 Views)

Well, I map cRIO file system as network drive and then I use File I/O library. tried several PCs but none of them was able to copy something to file system. However copying via Putty or MobaXterm works fine so I made file transfer VIs using putty.

Best regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,846 Views)