From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9063 boot problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with booting up my cRIO.

Boot up with:

USB connected (default IP 172.22.11.2) works without any problem with or without cable connected

eth cable connected (some IP) works without any problem with or without cable connected

TP-Link Wireless N Nano Router is connected to eth0 port. Router is set to access point. So, it enables my app to connect to the cRIO using wifi.

When the router is not connected to the eth0 port, cRIO boot up without any problem, application starts, router is connected and app and cRIO is operational.

When the router is connected, cRIO won't boot up. It keeps restarting.

I managed to get the log of what is happening since start of the cRIO booting. Log is attached.

Is there anyone who experienced something similar or knows how to solve it?

Please read the file with the Notepad++ or similar editor. Regular Notepad does not display the logs in pretty way.

Thanks

Duri
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,235 Views)

Do you have "Halt on IP Faliure" turned on in NI MAX? 

Halt on IP failure Measurement & Automation Explorer.png

The small TP link Nano routers when configured as Access points rely on the original WiFi network to do the DCHP server (Assign out IP addresses) This is often blocked by some corporate WiFi networks as most block the ability for IP address pass though.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor

CLA CPI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,948 Views)