From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9063 Format Disk Password not accepted

I am having trouble with a CRIO-9063. I downloaded an image to it and now I cannot re-download (through RAD) or format the disk since it asks for a password under the "admin" account. The first time (and only time) the controller got an image, it asked for a password at the end of the process, but since it didn't accept a blank entry, I just clicked "cancel" and everything went well. 

What is the best way to restore the controller to factory settings so the image is also erased? I want a blank controller again.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,300 Views)

I have the same problem. I inherited a cRIO 9063 from a dead project, but it is password protected and there are no records of it anywhere. The person using it before has left the company long ago, and without password I cannot format it clean or install new firmware and services.

I tried the double reset button > 5 s, but without any luck.

@jcardenas, did you ever got to restoring yours?

Thanks.

Rui

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,041 Views)

No, I was never able to factory reset it. NI tech support wanted me to pay, which is outrageous.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,017 Views)