From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bus can

I am a teacher, I want to do practical work on CAN bus network for my students (group of 10) using NI components such as compaqRIO and CAN bus modules, my problem I can not determine the list of NI components that suits me to carry out my practical work ie copaqrio components, NI-9881, CAN cables, ...., please if there is someone who can help me to know the components and NI accessories that allow me to carry out practical work on the CAN fieldbus.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,690 Views)

I suggest you contact your nearest NI office for further support since Academic product line is a little different from standard product line and the product suitable for your needs may vary depending on what you would like to do further.

That being said, the simplest module for CAN would be USB-8502. It supports High speed CAN, CAN FD, and J1939 and not CANOpen. 

Do you have any practical reason why you want to use CompactRIO? Do you already have cRIO? 

If you want to use cRIO, then regular CAN would be 9862 or 9860 and CANOpen module would be 9881 as you mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,615 Views)