Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to place a 2d array as a matrix

Hi,

if you see the attachment below you will see what am trying to illustrate. what I have done so far is to covert the power spectrum cluster to a 2d array using the unbundle cluster in order to be able to save it as a tdsm or excel file. so what I want to do is to take the magnitude of each of the power spectrum frequency measurement generated which are  2d arrays and putting all the test magnitudes generated in a matrix in order to save it and transfer it to Matlab.  Also, want to know if it is possible for the  magnitudes of the frequency  (2 d array ) to be automatically placed in the matrix as it is being generated  

Attachment 1 is the process of the matrix 

Attachment 2; frequency conversion to 2d array 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,959 Views)

Hi Philip,

I am not sure if I follow your idea completely as for a computer there is no fundamental difference between a 2D array and a Matrix.

So for the transfer to Matlab, I would just save it as a 2D array into a csv file, read this file from matlab and tell it to interpret it as a Matrix.

If you want to convert it to a Matrix in LabVIEW, you can use ArrayToMatrix function on the Array palette. But to save it to a file, you will need to convert it back into an array, so it doesn't make a lot of sense in your situation.

I hope that answers your question,

Andreas

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,938 Views)