From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acquire and analyze data with cRio and analog input module

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi There,

I have cRio-9064 and analog input module NI 9222. I like to acquire, analyze and display the input signals. I am used to read/write data from files in Labview but I am new to cRio. I have been reading that I need to use DMA FIFO to tranfer the data from FPGA target to host in order to analyze and store the data. I just like to know if that is the only way ( best way?)? And if there is a simple example to get me started to do basic data transfer or display?

I would appriciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,281 Views)

1. A DMA FIFO is the only way to STREAM data from your FPGA to the RT system.

2. For GUI purposes, you will need a TCP/IP and/or Network Stream to send the data from the RT to the PC.

3. I am fairly sure there is already a sample project that shows all of this.  So I would start there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(4,256 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brm11

Hi,

Yes I believe you can guide by using the specific module example NI9222 Getting started. This example project demostrates how to acquire and display measurments using the 9222. You can find this one going to help and typing in 9222. It is called NI 9222 Getting started.lvproj.

Also I would take a look at this:

*http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599K-01/lvfpgaconcepts/fpga_data_transfer_overview/

Message 3 of 7
(4,238 Views)

Great, thank you for your replies. I did pass by the 3 exmaple for NI 9222 and wasn't sure if any of them are a good starting point for data transfer. Thank you for pointing that out.

Have a great day,

Behnoosh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,230 Views)

Hi there,

I have been able to display data using NI CompactRIO Waveform Reference Library and  ( store data (tdms format) using logging examples. I don't know how to access/view my tdms fies on RT. How do I transfer data from RT to my PC? (# 2 you mentioned). Is there any exmaples on how to set it up. I am currenty connected with USP to cRIO and the IP name o crio is automaticly set to 172.22.11.2 ( I tried ftp://ip name, but it didnt work)

I would appricitae the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,201 Views)

You need to download FTP adds one on cRIO and then use internet explorer not chrome or edge to access. Is it possible to send me your VI. i have been trying to do the same thing or refer me to the sample example?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,571 Views)

WebDAV is the recommended method of file transfer.

Using WebDAV to Transfer Files to Your Real-Time Target
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4EBE45E8A816B19386257B6C0071D025

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,554 Views)