From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing to SD card on sbRIO9636

I have an application which logs data from an external source and I am able to store this on the internal flash memory of »500mb. This is not enough for the length of logging periods this is going to run, and I would need to store the data on a larger storage device, preferable on a SD card. 
I have not attached my project as it in itself is not relevant to the problem, I have tried what is suggested at http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/How-to-write-data-to-SDHC-card-on-9636-board/td-p/...

but the Get Volume Info does not return anything (an SD card is plugged in, and I have tried every possible enumeration after U:\).

Is there anything else that needs to be done, do I have to mount it in some way (besides from physically plugging it in ofcourse)?

And if you are actually just supposed to plug it in for it to work, what may be the error? The SD card is plugged into the device, but it doesnt seem to be enumerated to a letter.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,798 Views)

Hi Simen.

You should not need to do any mounting commands in order to get the SD up and running. You are correct that the SD card will show up as having U as drive letter.

The only thing that comes into my mind, is the file format. Can you confirm the SD card is formatted as FAT32?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,780 Views)