Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will high voltage affect the performance and life of a 2V switch

2 sensor inputs are to be compared and only when the ouput is above certain level the timer wud be activated. Is this conditionsl switchin possible without a microcontroller and if it is then if a higher input in provided to the switch then will tht affect the life and perofomance of the relay.Basicaly lookin for a switch operating on a very low voltage of 2V.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,028 Views)
I'm not exactly clear on what you are looking for. Do you want a system? Or are you looking for a single switch which has these capabilities?

If you are trying to have a switch change state depending on an analog level, you would need a device which could read the signal and bring it into software, analyze it and then tell a switch module which relays to open and close. Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? If so, you might want to check out NI's DAQ products along with LabVIEW or CVI.

On the second part of your question, yes, putting more than the rated voltage into a relay will damage it or shorten the life of it. It's not recommended. You should choose a switch which can handle more than you would ever expect to see on that line.

Hope th
is helps.
Jack
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,028 Views)
Thanks a lot Jack.

Actually when i mentioned performace getting affected by higher voltage i was considering variable voltages applied coz of varying signals, minimum being 2V.

But iam done with the designing now so thanks once again for ur response.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,028 Views)