Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which transistor/ICs to use for 'High load switching' using DO pulses generated from cDAQ-9171 with NI-9401

Hi all,

I am using cDAQ-9171 with NI-9401 for DIO into our application for staging and testing for now, and then this application is going to be transferred it to cRIO platform.

The requirement is that I have to generate 10 ms pulses to turn on the optical signals at the end. I am generating 10ms pulses from the LabView application and cDAQ-9171 with NI-9401.

So, I have 4.75 V, 20 uA (+/-) pulse at the DO pins of NI-9401 as an input to the driver.
In order to drive the optical components in the application, I need the pulses of different loads as output.

Please recommend the compatible transistor/ICs/components and/or solution for the load switching of '5V, 5mA to 10V, 2A' different loads by using our 4.7V and 20uA pulse signal which I am getting as an input from the cDAQ-9171 with NI-9401 at its DO pins.

Thanks with best regards,
Zahed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,104 Views)

Hi @Zahed, 

So first, in general it's better to direct your question to the forum associated with the HW you're using. So in this case I think you'll have better luck getting an answer if you were to post this question on the Real Time Measurement and Control message boards

Unless you're looking for an NI switch product in the PXI or PXIe platform, in which case you've come to the right place. 

Second, (if I'm understanding your question correctly),  in general we'll stray away from recommending specific external circuitry for your application. It's important to remember that components do not exist in isolation and that there will undoubtedly be numerous possible switching solutions for your signal, but it will be up to you to determine what works best for your application. 

A "compatible transistor/IC/component" will just be any solution that fits your needs within the signal constraints that you have laid out.

The specifications of our device should be clearly explained from our end. 

Of course there's nothing to stop a kind stranger from offering a personal recommendation, but as NI employees, it's not really our place. 

Best of luck!

Kindest Regards, 

ChristophersonJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,088 Views)