Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best tools (hardware and software) to measure the sound of an aircraft?

We are trying to measure the sound of an aircraft by driving a microphone-equiped van along with the aircraft on the run way. We'll then store the data on datasocket server so that we can display the data in real-time on the web. My question is what's the best tool (hardware and software) for this application? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,010 Views)
My own recommendation would be to use LabVIEW as your software. LabVIEW makes DataSocket binding as easy as right-clicking on a front panel object. If you are more comfortable programming in a text-based environment, then ComponentWorks would be my next recommendation.

There have been many applications where individuals just use their PC's sound card to record sound using built-in sound recording and signal processing inside LabVIEW. However, for cleaner sound processing, I'd suggest you take a look at National Instrument's DSA boards (NI 4551 and NI 4552). Check out their specs at http://www.ni.com/catalog.
Message 2 of 2
(4,010 Views)