Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What permissions does a CRIO user need to retrieve or apply an image

I was considering creating a user that could apply or remove a system image using "Create System Image" or "Set System Image". There are a number of options for what permissions I can assign to a user. What is the permission or set of permissions needed to run each of those functions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,606 Views)

Hi nanocyte,

I am afraid I don't get what do you mean with the set of permissions to run the functions. Could you explain further, please?

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,576 Views)

In the web config UI, you can add users and give them permissions:

system config.PNG

What's the  minimum set of permsisions I'd have to give "Imager" so that "Imager" can run this code without getting an error:

imaging test.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,572 Views)

Hi nanocyte,

This user needs:

GetSystemConfiguration

SetSystemConfiguration

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,560 Views)

I am getting error -2147467259 when I try that. If I log in as admin it works fine. Are you able to create an Imager user and have that user retrieve or apply an image?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,555 Views)

Are you getting this error when creating or when deploying?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,550 Views)

I get -2147467259 for Create and -2147220323 for Set (code shown above). What errors if any do you see with the nonadmin?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,544 Views)

These errors don't seem related to permission. They point to issues with the code and/or the system configuration VIs.

Take a look at your code and make sure you have the variables correctly set (password, user name, etc)

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,540 Views)

I wonder if you also need to have permission to reboot the cRIO.

I think file imaging happens in safe mode and I think you have to reboot to into and out of safe mode.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,744 Views)

Hello!

I recommend that you ask this question in a new post on the forum, as old forum threads do not have too much exposition.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,729 Views)