From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the parameter "Anrufdauer" seen in the GPIB data log text file exported from NI- IO trace(german version 17.0) and i also wish to know how the parameter "Startzeitpunkt" is recorded in the same log file?

my system has a NI GPIB card installed to monitor the GPIB bus. when i export the data from the log file and tried to understand the  parameter " Anrufdauer";which is not always the difference between the start time(Startzeitpunkt) of consecutive commands passed in the GPIB bus .

i.e sometimes "Anrufdauer" is a little higher than the difference between "Startzeitpunkt". To analyze this i also wish to know how the parameter "Startzeitpunkt" is recorded as well.

any help is appreciated.  

Regards,

Ranjith Veeran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,101 Views)

Hi Ranjith,

I'm not quite sure which parameters you mean. A screenshot would have been helpful.

Anyway, Startzeitpunkt should record the start time of the communiction of the message. Anrufdauer is probably something like duration.

If you need the exact translation or detailed infos about the parameters please post a screenshot of the columns you mean.

Best,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,039 Views)

Hello Melanie,

Thanks for the response.

To my understanding, IO trace makes the 'Startzeitpunkt' time stamp at the start time of the communication from the PC where IO trace is installed. 

As mentioned, I found that the parameter 'Anrufdauer' is not the time difference between the consecutive 'Startzeitpunkt'. 

Is the parameter 'Anrufdauer' denotes the time duration taken by the device connected in the GPIB bus to perform the GPIB command ? 

Please provide more information regarding how the parameter  'Anrufdauer' is recorded. 

I have attached the screenshot. Please correct if any of my understanding is wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjith

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,036 Views)

Hello Melanie,

Thanks for the response.

To my understanding, IO trace makes the 'Startzeitpunkt' time stamp at the start time of the communication from the PC where IO trace is installed. 

As mentioned, I found that the parameter 'Anrufdauer' is not the time difference between the consecutive 'Startzeitpunkt'. 

Is the parameter 'Anrufdauer' denotes the time duration taken by the device connected in the GPIB bus to perform the GPIB command ? 

Please provide more information regarding how the parameter  'Anrufdauer' is recorded. 

I have attached the screenshot. Please correct if any of my understanding is wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjith

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,036 Views)

Hi Ranjith,

Startzeitpunkt is the start time when the logged item was sent.

For Aufrufdauer (which makes more sense then Anrufdauer which means something like call time) it is the duration of the communication.

By the way you can find an I/O Trace record with English lables here:

NI I/O Trace serial port data format - Discussion Forums - National Instruments
https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NI-I-O-Trace-serial-port-data-format/td-p/3658017

Best,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,032 Views)