Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the input terminal configuration of NI-9253 for?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am using a cRIO module NI-9253 in cDAQ chassis, and when I use the vi DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Current-Basic).vi to create the channel, I found there is an input named "input terminal configuration".

According to the Getting Started Guide of 9253, I think this input terminal configuration is not useful for programming, no matter I use two-wire (page 😎 or three-wire (page 9) configuration. And the purpose of the input is for other current input modules since this vi is designed for general use.

But I am not 100% sure about my understanding. Is there anyone who could help me to confirm this?

Thank you very much.

Shu

Shu Yan
CLA since 2010 | CTA since 2012 | CLED since 2016
sjtuyan@gmail.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sjtuyans

Correct, Input Terminal configuration is not applicable for NI-9253. Since the DAQmx driver is common a large chunk of DAQ offering, that input is available in the driver API.

For your scenario, you can leave it as default.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(1,103 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sjtuyans

Hi Shu, 

Your understanding is correct. For the NI-9253, the input is always referenced to COM and you can't change input terminal configuration for the module. 

Regards,

CF

Message 3 of 3
(1,102 Views)