Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for USB to initialize... during installation

Dear All...

I have a problem trying to turn my PC into real time target,

I'm trying to install RT system from USB Stick but the program stops with communicate "Waiting for USB to initialize..."

I've read the manual and tried to unplug and plug again USB Stick, but it doesn't help.

Moreover I tried to make bootable pen-drive by my self using win98 boot floppy files and manually copied rest of data made by MAX, but it also won't help.

My hardware is:

Intel i7 860

Asus P7P55LX

Intel PRO 10/100 S

ATA HDD 3GB (and also connected SATA RAID02x500GB SATA 200GB)

So it looks like I match the system requirements.

I also installed latest BIOS but it didn't help.

Could you give me some suggestions how to solve it ?

no_lan

EiTI@WUT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(28,002 Views)

Hi

Which version of LabVIEW RT are you using? There is a known issue with LabVIEW RT 8.5 and 8.6, which appears with this message. Have a look at this Readme file: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB377E9CA7CF1298625752E007EFBA6?OpenDocument

Did the solution provided there help?

Best regards,
Maciej Antonik
National Instruments Poland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(27,990 Views)

It's RT  module 8.6 from LabView 8.6

Yes, I've read this document, and I've found only one issue matching:

"When booting an RT Desktop PC target from a USB drive, certain BIOSes hang at the message "Waiting for USB to initialize..." To resolve this issue, remove the USB drive, wait a few seconds, and reinsert the USB drive."

I tried this way but it didn't help.

Any other suggestions or solutions ??

best regards,

no_lan

WEiTI@WUT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(27,975 Views)

Hi

I've seen that you have posted this question also on polish LV forum (http://www.labview.pl/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2763). I have already replied you there. So let's keep the discussion there and I will post the resolution description here as well. 

Best regards,
Maciej Antonik
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(27,968 Views)

I'm seeing this problem as well and was hoping someone knew how to rectify it.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(27,043 Views)

Hi

This issue is described in the Readme File: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7FC16012C1DCAB348625745D007E9549

When booting an RT Desktop PC target from a USB drive, certain BIOSes hang at the message "Waiting for USB to initialize..." To resolve this issue, remove the USB drive, wait a few seconds, and reinsert the USB drive.

Let us know how did it go

When booting an RT Desktop PC target from a USB drive, certain BIOSes hang at the message "Waiting for USB to initialize..." To resolve this issue, remove the USB drive, wait a few seconds, and reinsert the USB drive.
Best regards,
Maciej Antonik
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(27,033 Views)

Hi, I don't know if this thread is death. Anyways, I'm just having same problem, i.e., stuck in "Waiting for USB to initialize". I've tried the very well known but useless "remove the USB drive, wait a few seconds, and reinsert the USB drive" and nothing changes.

When I create my "desktop pc utility USB drive" I have to select between

Version 2009SP1

Version 8.6

Version 9.0

I've tried all of them, same results.

I've read somebody talking about SATA - PATA stuff... I'm using an Intel DH55HC MOBO, it's not possible (to my knowledge) to change to "PATA mode", just a simple 'Native/legacy' support.

thanks in advance.

WAB.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(26,926 Views)

SOLVED!!!

I've just updated the BIOS firmware. After that I made some changes, I'm not completely sure if they were necessary

- HD support set to AHCI (I've read it was necessary)

- In USB drives, with the update new options have appeared, I set to backward compatibility.

WAB.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(26,923 Views)

Hi all,

I realize there hasn't been a post in this thread for a while now, but I am currently experiencing this issue and have not found a reliable solution.

I have booted from the USB drive on all three PCs in the office, and they are all hanging at "waiting for USB to initialize." I have reformatted the USB and reinstalled the boot software several times, both using MAX and the standalone usbcreate.exe available for download from NI.

Has anybody found a fix for this? Anything that may point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(25,824 Views)

Have you tried a different USD drive?

Are all the computers the same model?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(25,803 Views)