From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi caller path on cRio

Hi.

In my cRio application, Id like to read the path of the caller Vi being in host pc.

Any idea?

Thank you

Y_U

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,295 Views)

Hey Y_U,

This link talks about how to call a VI by reference: http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3929/en/

-Are you trying to call that file path from your cRIO application? If so, that may be a little more difficult and I would be curious as to why you are doing this.

Thanks,

-BJ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,082 Views)

Hi Brian: I will try to explain.

Due to experimental reasons, I prefer to use my application in development mode and not to build an exe (too many changes always). 

So I have main Vi running on RT, let call it Server.vi. There is a client.vi on host computer reading psp variables and saving readings in tdms file.

From Server.vi I call and run client.vi using "Open Vi Reference"  giving the client.vi path. If I copy my project on another pc, by knowing "programmatically" the Server.vi path on host machine, I dont need to change path of client.vi on host pc.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,071 Views)

It sounds like you need something on the host to publish the path. You have a few options there. You could post the path to a shared variable, you could host an FTP/SSH/Webdav/HTTP server on the host, etc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,060 Views)