Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Network Streams in cRio-9035.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to stream data from my RT target to UI host Machine. But unable to establish a connection. First i run my RT Main.vi and it is waiting for connection, but when i run my UI Main.vi it throws error -314350 while creating a reader endpoint. Don't know where am i going wrong. Someone please help me out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,974 Views)

This is probably related to the context name syntax used where you specify your reader and writer endpoints.  Search the NI help for more info.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,958 Views)

I agree with the first reply and would like to also point you to the examples. You can use an example to make sure that communication can work between the cRIO and host, then move on to your specific implementation of writer and reader endpoints.

There's an example in LabVIEW >> Help >> Find Examples >> Networking >> Network Streams. You can your cRIO to the LabVIEW project and then run one of the endpoints on it, while keeping the first endpoint on your host PC.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,946 Views)

I tried the example of network stream from the Labview Help. But i am getting the same error. I am attaching an image of the error for reference. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kirtikant

Network streams are necessarily 1:1, and do not support broadcast implementations (1:N or N:1).  Provided you are only attempting a 1:1 stream, the problem is likely the endpoint specification syntax (context name).  Network streams are pretty good about doing their own connection management, but you might have to, for example, flush and destroy a stream if you interrupt a VI with the stop button.

I have attached a couple of example VIs from my own code for streaming some pressure data.  The system session FGV (not included) just provides the hostname of the CompactRIO controller to which the host VI is connected.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,933 Views)