Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FPGA math and analysis VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

When I'm programming on our FPGA (within a NI cRIO-9004) my code will not compile when I use any of the VI's within the FPGA math and analysis tab. The code will stop compiling and just say idling in the status box.

I cannot undewrstand this.

If anyone could help me out it would be great. I'm attempting to perform FFT analysis on sgnals.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,353 Views)

To add to that, when i try running code involving the FFT algorithm, the compiler begins to idle (and not compile) when the details of the compilation read "dualportramcoretwiddlefactornf3780c076943799170396a6498ea425cbcbd3haf9b25651a958
8594a899a8f894fde3dc0a2cbh_1a8b44c702614ec."

If I left it will it continue to compile or is there something I am missing?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,347 Views)

Hi tlin067,

Can you post some screen shots of the situation, or the entire text of the compile server window?  What version of LabVIEW are you running?  You may want to just try repairing/reinstalling your LabVIEW FPGA module.  You can do this in Windows from Add/Remove Programs >> National Instruments Software, then look for the FPGA module.

Regards,

Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,333 Views)

I will try that. Here is a screenshot of my code. Its just a simple thing I'm trying to get to work before i dive in deeper. Even this won't compile. A screenshot of the compiler is also attached.

Any help would be golden!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,313 Views)

Looks like the compile is not finishing, but not really providing a useful error message.  I would recommend reinstalling the FPGA module.  This should replace all of the resources being used here, and hopefully clear this up.

cheers,

Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,295 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tlin067

I have found out that it was because I was not logged in as an administrator on the computer. The necessatry files could therefore not be written.

Problem fixed now so just a heads up if you see something similar

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,291 Views)
Glad you were able to figure that out, and thanks for posting the solution!
Brian A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,277 Views)