Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undeploying RT Startup Application

Hello,

I am using the PXI-8196 for RT applications. Is there a way to undeploy an RT Startup application?

Also, is there an NI website that describes the proper way to create RT deployable applications? I am afraid that I created and deployed an invalid RT application.

Thanks,
 --Somit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,974 Views)

Hi Somit,

Thanks for posting to the discussion forums.  I assume that you just dont want this startup exe to run when the PXI starts up.  There are a couple ways you can go about doing this.  First, you can read over this KnowledgeBase which discusses ways to stop it from running.  Or the second option is you can ftp to the controller, rename the startup executable and delete it.  Then you can deploy any other startup exe that you want to.  I hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,915 Views)

That answers my undeploy question. Thanks.

However, are there appropriate architectures that we should follow when deploying RT applications? For example, should we remove all of our front panel indicators when deploying a RT startup executable?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,913 Views)

Hi Somit,

Sorry about that, I guess I just read over that part of the discussion post.  There is actually a good Developer Zone article on RT Architecture and programming practices.  Also, at the bottom of the article there are links to a RT FIFO example and another link.  I think this should help you out.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,703 Views)