From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get absolute time on waveform graph

@rajesh111 wrote:

Thanks. I have made the necessary corrections in my VI. Here I am writing to a text file and reading from a binary file. Things are working fine but when I run the VI, a pop up keeps on asking me "Replace existing file?" and I have to again n again press replace button. How to get rid of that and get the waveform written and read in a continuous manner?

If you double click the subVI and open its block diagram you can see that the dialog is coming from here because the file already exists after the first iteration:

dialog from waveform vi.PNG

You can either "file>save as" and edit the VI so it doesn't do that or delete the file every time:

delete file every time.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(591 Views)

I don't know which subVI u r talking about. I just want to display the write and read waveform file simultaneously like what is happening in my VI. I just want to disable that popup "Replace existing file" which is coming up again and again. I know this is a silly mistake, but I am unable to rectify this. It should continuously write the waveform and read it from the file at the same time. Can you help me out with the VI with necessary changes. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(581 Views)

I gave you two possible solutions. The first solution was to dig into NI's tools and find where that dialog is coming from. You can use ctrl-f if you need to. The second is to add a "delete" to your program as shown in the picture. Have you attempted either of those options?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(578 Views)