From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to NI IC-3172 via PoE port

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) project which requires an IC-3172 for vision acquisition. For the TSN capabilities to work, the IC-3172 needs to be connected to the Cisco Network Switch through the PoE port instead of the RJ45 port. However, when connecting using the PoE port, my PC is unable to connect to the IC-3172 using NI-MAX. Pinging to the IC-3172 results in a communication failure. Currently, I am able to connect to the IC-3172 using the RJ45 port, one of the PoE port is connected to a Basler camera and is functioning.

IC-3172 Error.PNG

These are my drivers installed on my IC-3172:

IC-3172 Software.PNG

Are there any other drivers that needs to be installed?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Devin Toh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,055 Views)

Hello all,

It seems that I have managed to resolve the issue by reinstalling the software on the IC-3172 and I can now communicate with it.

However, there is still an issue of using NI MAX to look at the properties of the IC-3172. It takes a very long time to load and an error of "There was a problem contacting the System Web Server on the target." will occur. This was not the case when using the RJ45 port to connect to the switch. 

Regards,

Devin Toh

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,030 Views)

Update: Upon restarting, the IC-3172 is unable to communicate again. Does anyone have any solutions?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,025 Views)