Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add RIO Evaluation KIT (9637) as a target.

Hi,

I recently purchased a SB-9637 as part of a RIO Evaluation KIT.

My LabView version is 2015 SP1 updated to the latest patch, I've been using this computer (and LB setup) with another cRIO (9024) without any connection problem.

Computer IP is 192.168.1.16 and target is 192.168.1.220.

I can see the Evaluation Kit in the MAX and NI Distributed System Manager programs. And I was able to upgrade its software to the 15.5 version (via MAX).  The led in the hardware is ok, it has an IP, I can detect the target, I can see it in MAX and access to its webserver (configure usenames/etc).

The only thing that bothers me is the firmware version: 4.0.0f0, If I click on "update" in MAX the latest firmware available is sbRIO-9637_3.5.0f0.cfg.

It is wise to "downgrade" the firmware? May be this the issue?

When I try to add it to a blank project no target is detected. By means of: right click, new, add targets & devices; the list becomes empty.

Please see attached capture.

Target appears in MAX, Distributed, but no target is found when adding it to a project.Target appears in MAX, Distributed, but no target is found when adding it to a project.

As a second question, I would like to know if my current installation of LabView has the tutorials for the Evaluation kit or do I have to use the software provided (CDs) in order to get them.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,214 Views)