Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Get VISA Remote Passport Working on cRIO 9030

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to access the VISA resources on one cRIO from another, and despite everything I've tried I get the error:

Error -1073807192 occurred at VISA Open in visa test.vi
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF00A8) Access to the resource or remote machine is denied. This is due to lack of sufficient privileges for the current user or machine.

I installed VISA Server on the cRIO I'm trying to access and VISA Remote Passport on the client (I actually went ahead and installed VISA everything on both just to check). I went into VISA server settings on the cRIO I want to act as a server and explicitly added the client's IP address, I also added * just to be safe, but the error persists.

I have no issue accessing the remote resource via VISA Remote Passport from my PC, I just cannot do it from a cRIO. Stranger still, I cannot access a local VISA resource through VISA remote passport.

192.168.1.203 is my desktop

192.168.1.202 is the server cRIO

192.168.1.99 is the client cRIO

In VISA server settings on the server, I gave access to 192.168.1.99, 192.168.1.202, and *. The following code returns the error when run on either the client or the server cRIO, but successfully opens the resource when run from my Desktop

VISA Test.png

I also tried to get the cRIO to access anything using the remote URLs (COM ports on my PC etc.). Every target I tried to access I added the cRIO's IP and * in the Server settings (and saved them). I have no issues accessing any remote resources from my PC.

Both cRIOs are running CompactRIO 17.0. I tested with CompactRIO 15 in case it was a recent issue, but I had the same problem.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,758 Views)

I added a 3rd cRIO to the mix, this one a 9012, and it is able to successfully access VISA resources on the 9030s. So I can successfully use VISA Remote Passport on everything but the 9030s.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,751 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DavidBTaylor

My coworker may have found the cause:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E99D5E753DA17628862580BB007D2081

I'm going to try out the recommended fix.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,750 Views)