From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to add a DAQ device to NI-DAQ without hardware

I am developing software for a DAQCard1200 on Windows 2000. I develop most of my software on a system without the actual hardware installed. Since the NI-DAQ dll will error on load under Microsoft C++ unless you have a device configued, I used to configure a device manualy on the development system under NI-DAQ.

I am trying to use the latest version of NI-DAQ (6.9). I cannot seem to add a DAQ device unless I actually have the hardware installed.

How can I work around this to add a device without the hardware or how can I get the dll to load without a device configured?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,888 Views)
SentEngr,
You can add a DAQpad-1200 instead of the DAQCard-1200. I just tested that on Winsdows 2000 with 6.9 and it works fine.

Nick W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,888 Views)
I am not sure how to add any DAQ devices to MAX. When I right click Devices & Interfaces, I only get a list of SCXI, PXI and VXI devices/chassis. Is there another way of adding devices or expanding the list?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,888 Views)

well it is  not possible to add DAQ device to NI-daq without the hardware, you have to attach the hardware to your system, in order to write a software for it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,836 Views)