Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To run a Multichannel analyser under Labview 6.0, the particular pro

gram was called through its executable using "system exec.vi". The data acquisition screen is coming with function key options for RUN and STOP functions using F8 and F9 function keys. Is there any possibilities to call these function keys from labview 6.0Using system exec.vi the MCA program has been called and the data acquisition screen is appearing with the command for running and stoping the acquisition prograsm using function keys F8 and F9. How to access the function keys from LabVIEW 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,083 Views)
gram was called through its executable using "system exec.vi". The data acquisition screen is coming with function key options for RUN and STOP functions using F8 and F9 function keys. Is there any possibilities to call these function keys from labview 6.0From LabVIEW, you might be able to call Window API functions to first set focus to the 'Multichannel Analyser' window and then to simulate an F8 or F9 key press. Of hand, I can't remember the exact syntax for doing this so you might have to do some research. I know this would involve calling a Windows DLL with the Call Library Function node.

If your 'Multichannel Analyser' is an Automation Server you should be able to call it directly from LabVIEW. You could then send commands and retrieve data from the analyser by using invoke node and property node methods. This idea is similar to calling Excel, Access, etc. from LabVIEW....

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,083 Views)
gram was called through its executable using "system exec.vi". The data acquisition screen is coming with function key options for RUN and STOP functions using F8 and F9 function keys. Is there any possibilities to call these function keys from labview 6.0Dear Mr.Archimedes thank you very mcuh, as per your advice I can try the call window API function and call librarry function node for my requirement.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,083 Views)
gram was called through its executable using "system exec.vi". The data acquisition screen is coming with function key options for RUN and STOP functions using F8 and F9 function keys. Is there any possibilities to call these function keys from labview 6.0here's an example VI that calls the Windows Scripting Host to run the Calculator that comes with Windows. You might be able to do something similar with your application.

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,083 Views)