Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thyristor gate pulse generation

Hello,

I try to design a system which acquires the line voltage waveform and creates the thyristor gate pulses which to be synchronized with this input. We should be able adjust the firing delay that to be calculated withing program. I want to use NI Compact RIO(e.g. 9081 RT) and C series modules to implement robust industrial embedded system for this project. And I hope the FPGA property would be enough to handle that demanding application.

Any handicap with the mentioned hardwares? What must be the output module(We want to convert the output pulses to the fiber optic light signal)?

Any additional information on converting the gate pulses to the light information in order to transmit the signals through fiber optic for high voltage isolation would be highly appreciated.

Best regards...

Hakan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,924 Views)

Hello hakan_yilmaz,

I would like to clarify if you already have a sensor to convert your Thyristor gate pulse to a Fiber Optic Light Signal or if you would need a C Series module to provide this functionality. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have a C Series module that will provide this conversion however if you have a third party sensor that can perform this function we may be able to provide any control/acquisition that is needed depending on the signal type. Once you have specified what you will be using to convert the Thyristor gate pulse to a Fiber Optic Light signal, it may also be beneficial to speak with your Account Representative or local Field Engineer by calling (888) 280-7645 to ensure that all aspects of the system have been accounted for. 

Wes W
Application Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,889 Views)

Hello Wes W,

Thank you for your guiding. I found a circuitry to convert the pulses to the light. I attach the datasheet of the device. In document, Figure 2. represent the principal connection. I plan to use C series output module(e.g. NI9402) and an intermediate circuit before light transmit socket. I found the thyristor firing board too that to be located at the other end of the fiber optic line which acquires the light signal and triggers the thyristors. Since I am not an expert on power electronic applications, it was not my expectation that me to decide whether this method is correct. I was expecting some suggestions from experienced friends on application itself too. But anyway, if I get enough support on NI device selection and on application development, especially pulse synchronization to the input voltage waveform, then I think I'll go for it. Synchronization matter is very important because when the system decide to fire the thyristors with the angle "0" then the gate pulses must be created at the same instance when the voltage passes to zero.

Regards...

Hakan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,883 Views)