From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 1MHz timing source is not available for a Timed Loop on my PXI-8187 Real Time system.

How come I can's select the 1MHz timeing source for a Timed Loop on a Real Time PXI system?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,654 Views)
Hello,

PXI-8187 RT is capable of sourcing a 1 MHz clock. Is the 1 MHz clock source grayed out when you double click on the timed loop and open up the 'Loop Configuration' window? If so, I would uninstall LabVIEW and resintall it from the Host Computer using MAX.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,636 Views)
Yes the 1MHz timer source is greyed out. I have used my DELL desktop with LabView Dev Ctrl Edition to install the LabView RT to the PXI-8187RT. I used MAX from my DELL to install the RT to the PXI system. How do I configure the 1MHz source to be funtional?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,627 Views)
Hello kmcdevitt,

I am guessing that one of the dlls associated with this is corrupted and so I would recommend you to reformat the 8187RT controller and reload the software. I am positive that this would solve your issue.

Regards,

Arun V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,615 Views)
I have applied the Maintenance Releases to update both my LabVIEW and LabVIEW Real-Time from 7.1 to 7.1.1. This seems to have solved the problem.
Message 5 of 5
(3,604 Views)