Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC-2106T Compact Flash

We have a TPC-2106T Rev B that we would like to update to the most recent release of WIN CE.  We purchased a CompactFlash card from SanDisk, this one (http://www.microcenter.com/product/245858/Ultra_4GB_CompactFlash_Media_Card_SDCFH-004G-A11#tab-specs... and our Touch Panel says that it does not have a driver for it.  We formatted it as FAT16 and put the update file in the root directory, as directed by NI, so we suspect that for some reason this specific CF card is not supported.  Does anyone have experience with successful usage of third party CFs with TPC-2106T Rev B?  If so, which ones have worked?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,379 Views)

Unfortunately the only supported version of Windows CE is the one that ships with the device. Other versions may work to some degree but there is definately no guarantee. If you must try a unsupported configuration, the manual indicates that the CF card should be a 2.0 type I/II slot:

TPC-2106/2106T User Manual

I believe it should also be formatted as NTFS. This forum post here indicates that Microsoft once had a list of supported CF cards but it seems to have been changed to redirect to a higher level page now:

NI TPC 2106- supported CF cards

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,357 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I want to emphasize that I am not trying to install a third party version of CE.  I am simply trying to follow the NI TPC-2106T update procedure documented on the NI website, to ensure that we have the most up to date issue fixes for the device.  This procedure can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7B9FCC1AE1A7F6B986257921006A5976 .  If you download these files and read the "Read Me", NI instructs you to format a CF card as FAT16 and copy the single update file to the root of the CF disk.  When following this procedure precisely using the aforementioned Sandisk CF card, the touch panel indicates that it does not have a driver for that CF card.  NI mentions that using a FAT16 CF disk is the only method for updating the TPC-2106T to the latest released NI updates, so this is our only option.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,351 Views)

I tried this card here and received the message updated sucessfully message:

CompactFlashCard.jpg

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a definitive list of cards that are verified to work with a specific version of WIN CE.

Jeff L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,344 Views)