Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Advanced Open slows down over time on CRIO-9067

I am developing an application logging 9 different analog inputs and 4 digital inputs. I am using the cRIO-9067 to write this data to two different hard drives with one of them acting as a backup for the other. The test sequence is ran every 2s for 1 million cycles. A total of 2500 samples is collected for each of the inputs making a total of 32,500 values every 2s. Each cycle a new TDMS file is create. The VIs are attached that make up the data logging function.

The problem that I am seeing is that as the test progress the time required to open the TDMS increases greatly.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,912 Views)

Is there are particular reason why you would want to create a new file in every iteration? It would be far more efficient to create a single file, and adding the data to it in each iteration, instead of having to open a new reference in every cycle.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,895 Views)

The zip file contails 4 VIs and I couldn't open all of them. For the first 3 VIs, they miss some subVIs and for the "TDMS Config.vi", it doens't contain TDMS Open funciton. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,889 Views)