From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System configuration VIs return error code -2147220608 in LV2013 but not in LV2012 on my sbRIO system

Solved!
Go to solution
I have been working on deploy a minor fix to an existing system that worked. Part of that upgrade was to switch to LV2013. The system configuration VIs that I was using successfully in LV2012 to change the comment and hostname of the sbRIO target now return error code -2147220608 in 2013 when I try to save the changes. Looking at the detailed result output of the Save Changes (System).vi, I get the message "The IP address and gateway must be on the same subnet." The problem with this is two fold 1) I am not changing the IP address or gateway on the system, and 2) the IP address and gateway are preconfigured via NI MAX to 10.0.1.155 and 10.0.0.3 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. Based on my understanding and conversations with my IT department this is a valid combination. Help? Wire Warrior
Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,732 Views)

Can you post a simplified version of your VI that reproduces the problem.  Also are you using static or DHCP?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,715 Views)

I am using static IP addressing on the device. The sbRIO communicates just fine with the network. It's only this configuration change that hiccups.Device ID_BD.png

Heres an image of the code that fails.  This snippet fails all by itself even

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,686 Views)

Out of curiosity if you use that same property node, what does it return as the IP address.  Do you get what you expect or something like 127.0.0.1?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,676 Views)
Funny you should mention that. I noticed that a bit ago. The responded IP address is 127.0.0.1 in LV2013. In LV2012 it's what I would expect which is the IP address above. I should note that I have seen this occur on two different sbRIO boards now. Wire Warrior
Wire Warrior

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,668 Views)

We have reproduced what you are seeing and R&D is investigating this issue. Currently, you can change the comment and hostname of the sbRIO successfully by running this code from a Windows computer (and targeting the sbRIO on the Initialize.vi). It also runs successfully on the sbRIO if the IP settings are set to DHCP. Will either of these options work with your application?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,641 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wire_Warrior

Hi,

R&D is working on implementing a fix for this bug. In the meantime, here is a workaround:

workaround.png

If you write the correct IP address in addition to writing the Hostname and the comment, then your save will be successful. We realize this is not a very pretty or intuitive solution, but it should work until a fix is implemented. 

Message 7 of 14
(6,619 Views)
Thanks for the code. One question.....what is in the other state of the case structure? Looking at it I would suspect the false state to be empty. Is that correct? Wire Warrior
Wire Warrior

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,612 Views)
>>Will either of these options work with your application? Not really. The intent was to change the identification information of the board based on the content of an XML file on the sbRIO. That way we are decoupled from the install/deploy operation really and can change over time if need be. We were hoping to use this as a default project feature for our RTs. Wire Warrior
Wire Warrior

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,611 Views)

The other state of the case structure is mostly blank with a false wired out to the stop terminal. Hopefully, this code will do what you need it to for now.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,606 Views)