From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syrchonization

Solved!
Go to solution

How can I synchronize  PCI-6321  with NI 9237?. the later is using for bridge (acquiring signal from differential pressure transducer). PCI-6321 is being used for acquiring signals from 12 sensors as voltage analog input (5 pressure transducers, 1 differential pressure transducer, 2 liquid flow meters, 2 gas flow controllers and 2 thermocouples as temperature).

Also how can I run the vi continuously for 30,000 samples at 100Hz sampling rate. Could someone help please? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,141 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bahdal17

There are many many ways to sync those two devices. It's not specific to your problem but this article deals with synchronization in general:
https://www.ni.com/en-us/innovations/white-papers/16/choosing-a-compactrio-synchronization-technolog...

I guess my first question is why do you think the two devices might not be in sync? Maybe get a USB C Series Chassis for the 9237 and use the PC timing.

My next instinct would be to move away from the 6321. You certainly could get very similar functionality with something like an ni-9205. Then you could get both in the same chassis and it would be likely everything would work out great.

Regarding the programming, I would just use a for loop. So, if you grabbed 100 samples per loop at 100Hz, you just need to set your for loop to 3000 iterations and you'll be on your way.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,107 Views)

Thank you very much nanocyte 

Your reply was helpful a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,090 Views)

Thank you very much nanocyte

that was helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4