From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing FPGA FIFO samples and XNET CAN signal

Hi,

I have a cRIO 9047 with AI modules (e.g. NI 9229) and a CAN module (NI 9862). The AI samples (one signal!) will be acquired within a FPGA-VI (2kHz) and buffered in a FIFO. Within a RealTime-VI the FIFO will be read out (100Hz) and stored in a RealTime-Variable.

In another RealTime-VI the CAN signal (one signal!) will be read out with NI-XNET Signal In Single-point (~100Hz) and stored in another RealTime-Variable.

On my host computer I would like to plot the data in one graph. How can I synchronize the AI and CAN data? The variable with AI samples contains a timestamp and an array with many samples due to the slower FIFO read out rate. The variable with CAN signal contains a timestamp and one single value. The timestamps should be synchronized(?!), but how to plot the different datalengths? Or is there a better way in general?

Thanks for replies!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,583 Views)